The world’s best-loved musical is back! Grittier and more glamorous than ever before!
After a whirlwind summer romance, leather-clad greaser Danny and girl-next-door Sandy are unexpectedly reunited when she transfers to Rydell High for senior year. But can they survive the trials and tribulations of teenage life and find true love once more?
With its phenomenal score, bursting with hits including Summer Nights, Greased Lightnin’, Hopelessly Devoted to You and You’re the One That I Want, this thrilling new version is brought to life by a fresh young cast who bring energy, vitality and passion to this ultimate musical classic.
Directed by Curve’s Artistic Director, Nikolai Foster, reignite your passion and get ready for an explosion of summer loving.
So round-up your Burger Palace Boys, pick up your Pink Ladies and re-discover why Grease really is the one that you want this term!
Book, Music & Lyrics by Jim Jacobs & Warren Casey Directed by Nikolai Foster
5 facts about about Grease the Musical
1. The musical was so popular that it had 3,388 performances and has been revived numerous times since
2. The song Hopelessly Devoted to You was not in the original musical! It was added to the 1978 film after filming ended because the producers wanted Sandy to have a solo ballad. That went on to be the only song nominated for an Oscar. It is now included in some of the revived productions
3. In the stage production of Grease The Musical, Danny doesn’t actually sing Greased Lightning – the song was in fact sung by Kenickie. However, when it came to filming, John Travolta convinced producers that he was more fit for the job. Yet, on stage – it is still sung by Kenickie!
4. While in the stage version, Sandy is an American girl with the last name of Dumbrowski, directors decided to make her Australian after the decision to cast Australian native Olivia Newton-John was made
5. The writers of Grease were inspired to write the song Beauty School Dropout after seeing a news story about a teenage murderer who had recently dropped out of beauty school!